Sunday, February 11

strange, what love does.

screenshot from 'inland empire'

lost and found

lost and found

lost and found
I watched David Lynch's new DV film Inland Empire about a week ago. I found it, like much of his work, completley abstract and, needless to say, totally confusing. Unlike his past films where there is a pretty obvious divide between dream and reality, this film dissolves that wall into a little pile of dust, leaving the viewer's head spinning. This is exactly what I loved about it. He breaks every rule of cinema and gives no explanation to the audience. He leaves it up to you to "figure it out." Anyway, I pulled a couple frames from the 'lost and found' archives that felt a bit like Lynch. (At least to me!) (The first photo is a screenshot from the film.) _b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older